1. “Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun.” – Alan Watts.
2. “Muddy water is best cleared by leaving it alone.” – Alan Watts.
3. “To have faith is to trust yourself to the water. When you swim you don’t grab hold of the water, because if you do you will sink and drown. Instead you relax, and float.”- Alan Watts.
4.“The more a thing tends to be permanent, the more it tends to be lifeless.” – Alan Watts.
5. “Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts.
6. “No one is more dangerously insane than one who is sane all the time: he is like a steel bridge without flexibility, and the order of his life is rigid and brittle.” – Alan Watts.
7. “We do not “come into” this world; we come out of it, as leaves from a tree.” – Alan Watts.
8. “Without birth and death, and without the perpetual transmutation of all the forms of life, the world would be static, rhythm-less, undancing, mummified.” – Alan Watts.
9. “Only words and conventions can isolate us from the entirely undefinable something which is everything.” – Alan Watts.
10. “…tomorrow and plans for tomorrow can have no significance at all unless you are in full contact with the reality of the present, since it is in the present and only in the present that you live.” – Alan Watts.
11. “Problems that remain persistently insoluble should always be suspected as questions asked in the wrong way” – Alan Watts.