It’s ‘Award night’ people. So as the customs go, when you receive an award you humbly receive it and give a heap of thanks to people who are responsible for it. This was given by Riya from OhRiyally (creative name of the blog, I must say!) and I thank her for nominating me for this fun award.
First things first, What is a Liebster Award ?
I had no idea about this award before coming to WordPress and then I discovered that there is this great award.
It is an award to promote newbies on the WordPress and encouraging them to continue their run on Blogging. You can accept it or even reject it if you are a moron and does not want to popularize your blog.
Let’s take a look at the rule book now:
(Since this is a chain, I copied from Riya’s blog)
- Once you are nominated, make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
- Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
- Ensure all of these bloggers have less than 200 followers.
- Answer the ten questions asked to you by the person who nominated you, and make ten questions of your own for your nominees.
- Lastly, COPY these rules in the post.
Answers to the amazing questions:
1. How do you deal with writer’s block?
First of all, that’s a great question. As my blog is about how I feel about life and the creator at large. And all of my posts are an amalgamation of observations and solitude. So when I get into that blockzone, I go to a park, sit there,observe, meditate and ta da! You have a lot of ideas in mind already.
2. Would you rather: never have pizza or never have french fries?
I prefer Homemade food over anything the restaurants have to offer.
3. Tell us about the most recent vacation you went on.
The last vacation I remember is when I went to Mussoorie. I enjoy the calm and serenity the mountains have with all the abundance of fresh air.
4. If you could meet three dead people, who would you pick and why?
I would love to meet my Great grandmother as I heard a lot about her spiritual and pure nature from my Paa.
Secondly, I would want to meet Buddha ji to experience his whole process of salvation and his teachings about making the mind quiet. And last but definitely not the least, Guru Nanak Dev to listen everything that comes out of his pious mouth.
5. Who is/are your favourite author(s)?
It has to be Eckhart Tolle for his provoking presentations. Hermann Hesse is also one of my favorites.
6. Name one book you’ve read more than three times.
I read ‘Power of Now’ by Eckhart Tolle two times. Can still read that 10 times more.
7. Pick one adjective to describe yourself.
8. Share any three tips for new bloggers.
Only one tip, write what you feel, and remember that language is just a median. A bit of humor is always helpful though.
9. Which subject did you like the most in high school?
They didn’t teach what I liked: Spiritual lessons.
10. What would your alter ego be called?
Depends on what people will perceive. (Everything is perception)
Here are the boggers that I nominate for the award:
(I have no idea how many followers they have, just accept the award, fellas!)
That’s enough I guess.
- What’s the philosophy of your life?
- Five advices you would give to your future self?
- How did you get into writing?
- Which genre of books you like to read and why?
- A book you read and thought ‘I could have wrote that better’?
- A book/author that(who) is over-rated?
- Three books that you would want to suggest for reading?
- What are loopholes in your writing that you want to remove?
- What’s the best & worst part of your personality?
- Feedback for my blog? (I prefer constructive criticism instead of praises)
The questions for you are:
Anyone who stumbles upon this post is also nominated for the Liebster Award.